Safety Lighting to be Installed at Area Highway Intersections
Ten intersections receiving improved lighting systems
ATLANTA – Ten highway intersections in Northeast Texas will have new safety lighting systems added during the coming year, according to plans approved in April by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT).
“Nighttime lighting systems at the intersections that will have energy-efficient LED lighting and will better illuminate the roadways,” said Rebecca Wells, Director of Transportation Operations for TxDOT in Atlanta. “The LED lights are brighter and more cost-efficient than our old lighting systems.”
Highway Intelligent Traffic Solutions, Inc. of Cedar Hill, TX, was awarded the contract for these safety lighting projects with a bid of $1.1 million. Work on the projects should begin in July and take about a year to complete, Wells said.
Intersections scheduled for lighting additions are:
- In Bowie County: US 67 at SH 8.
- In Cass County: US 59 at FM 2328 North and South.
- In Panola County: US 59 at FM 2517.
- In Titus County: SH 11 at FM 1735 and US 271 at US 67/SH 49.
- In Upshur County: US 271 at FM 593, US 259 at FM 557, US 259 at FM 3245 and SH 300 at FM 726.