Under the Governor’s Executive Order, which supersedes any county or local orders:
- Retail stores, restaurants, movie theaters, and malls may open at 25% capacity of their listed occupancy. They must operate in compliance with the Open Texas Checklist for employee/customer safety. Owners/managers may choose not to open.
- Museums and libraries may open under the same 25% occupancy limitation, but interactive areas must remain closed.
- Salons, barbers, and bars may not open yet. A bar is considered any establishment where 51% or more of sales are alcohol.
- Churches and places of worship remain open under guidelines included in the Open Texas Checklists.
- Outdoor sports are allowed to resume so long as no more than four participants are playing together at one time.
- All Texans should continue social distancing. Wearing masks/face coverings is not required, but recommended.
Download the pdf: Texans Helping Texans: The Governor’s Report to Open Texas, which provides protocols and a series of Open Texas Checklists that outline minimum standard health protocols for all Texans.