Paris Regional Medical Center announced changes to the current hospital visitor policy. These revisions come in response to the ongoing community and regional surge in COVID-19 cases.
“We have been navigating an ongoing surge in our community,” said Steve Hyde, CEO. “We have seen the effects of this firsthand in our patient and team member populations. In an effort to protect our team and those in our care from additional exposures, effective Wednesday, October 28, we are scaling back our visitor policy and enforcing additional precautionary measures outlined below. We understand and treasure the value and importance of visitation time for our patients, and we hope that these restricted hours will limit the bioburden in our facility without us having to revert to a zero visitor policy.”
The updated visitor policy is as follows:
• Each patient will be allowed one well visitor over the age of 16. Visiting hours, are 8:00 am until 1:00 pm and 6:00 pm until 8:00 pm. Patients in OB, ER, those who are here for outpatient procedures, and those under the age of 16 will be allowed one visitor at all times.
• We permit each visitor for a one-hour stay, and we write each visitor’s armband with the time of arrival.
• We will continue to enforce no visitation for high-risk, isolation, immunocompromised or respiratory patients under observation or test positive for COVID-19.
• We will continue to screen everyone who enters our facilities for symptoms consistent with COVID-19, per CDC guidelines.
• We will continue to enforce universal masking for everyone in our facility. Please bring a mask with you when you come to the hospital to visit.
We will continue to monitor our community and region’s evolving situation closely and revise policies and procedures as needed. Updated information is on our website at ParisRegionalMedical.com. We much appreciate your support and cooperation.
As always, we stand fully prepared and ready to care for you during your time of need. If you are due for routine health care or find yourself in an emergent situation, please do not delay care. Dial 903.737.3232 to find a provider or 903.737.1111 for hospital-related questions.