Momentum Can-Am In Stock Header
ETB Advertising Banner Header Terrie 1
cypress basin hospice
Erin Conrad – Edward Jones Header
Hess Furniture Appliances Banner Header
ETB Advertising Banner Header Terrie 2

Former Trooper Guilty Of Assault

A federal jury in Houston has found a 33-year-old former state trooper guilty of assaulting two women while on duty, announced U.S. Attorney Alamdar S. Hamdani.

The jury deliberated for three hours before returning a guilty verdict against Lee Ray Boykin Jr. following a four-day trial.

“My office is firmly committed to ensuring the civil rights of every person in the Southern District of Texas,” said U.S. Attorney Hamdani. “We rely on our police officers and federal agents daily to serve and protect. This lone officer, however, used his authority to stalk and prey on his victims for his sexual gratification. We are pleased the jury agreed that such conduct will not be tolerated in our community.”

The jury determined Boykin had deprived two separate victims of their right to bodily integrity while acting as a state trooper with the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) in that he committed aggravated sexual abuse to one victim and kidnapping to the other victim. In a federal investigation, he was also found guilty of two counts of destruction, alteration, or falsification of records.

At trial, one of the victims explained how Boykin had taken her to a secluded parking lot after being ordered out of her friend’s car following a traffic stop. Once there, Boykin falsely accused her of being a prostitute, threatened to take her to jail, and forced her to perform oral sex on him. Afterward, he told her to run while placing his hand on his gun.
The jury heard evidence that showed Boykin’s DNA on the parking lot. They also found the victim’s DNA on Boykin’s underwear.

The second victim testified that Boykin ordered her out of her friend’s car and placed her into Boykin’s vehicle. Boykin falsely told her she had outstanding traffic warrants. He then took this victim to the same secluded parking lot, where the victim performed oral sex. Three days later, Boykin attempted to get her into his trooper car again, but she escaped.

The jury heard about statements Boykin had made to authorities. Regarding the sexual assault of the first victim, stating he may have “got away with it” and knew he should not have done it. He said he “just wanted to try.”

The jury did not believe the defense’s claims and ultimately found him guilty. U.S. District Judge George C. Hanks Jr. presided over the trial and set sentencing for April 4. At that time, Boykin faces up to life in federal prison.

Boykin has been and will remain in custody pending sentencing.
The Houston Police Department and Texas Rangers investigated with the assistance of the FBI and DPS. Assistant U.S. Attorneys Sebastian A. Edwards and Kate A. Suh are prosecuting the case.