The state approves funding for Mount Pleasant Regional Airport.
The Texas Transportation Commission approved approximately $1.30 million for Mount Pleasant Regional Airport at its April meeting.
- The funds will go for planned airport improvements, which includes:
- Construction will begin this Spring
- The city of Mount Pleasant and TxDOT’s Aviation Facilities Grant Program fund the project costs, which preserves and improves the state’s general aviation system.
- This year, TxDOT expects to provide approximately $60 million in funding for planning, constructing, and maintaining community airports.
- About 275 community airports in Texas are eligible for financing.
- Arrivals and departures from community airports account for more than three million flight hours per year and provide aircraft facilities for agricultural, medical, business and commuter use.