Choctaw County EMS Star Life Conference Header
Mark Patrick Header 2020
Better View Tree Trimming Header Ad
ETB Advertising Banner Header Terrie 1
Cypress Basin Hospice 2023 Header
ETB Advertising Banner Header Terrie 2
Sandlin Header 2022
Hess Bad Boy Header Promo 2024

How To Apply For FEMA Assistance

After Oklahoma’s tornadoes, you have options. Disaster assistance is available online, over the phone, or in person.

Homeowners and renters in Carter, Hughes, Love, Murray, Okmulgee, Osage, and Pontotoc counties impacted by severe storms and tornadoes from April 25 to May 9 may be eligible for FEMA assistance.

FEMA may be able to help you pay for temporary housing, home repairs, and other needs caused by the disaster, including:

  • Lifesaving and life-sustaining items, including water, food, first aid, prescriptions, infant formula, breastfeeding supplies, diapers, medical supplies and equipment, personal hygiene items, and fuel for transportation
  • Rent, if storms displaced you because of the disaster, and money to stay in a hotel with family and friends or other options while you look for a rental unit.
  • Repair or replacement of a vehicle, appliances, room furnishings, and a personal or family computer, as well as books, uniforms, tools, computers, and other items required for school or work, including self-employment
  • Moving and storage fees, medical expenses, childcare, and funeral expenses

There are four ways to apply:

  • Visit
  • Download the FEMA App.
  • Call the FEMA Helpline at 800-621-3362.
    • Calls are accepted from 6:00 am to 10:00 pm Central Time. Help is available in most languages. If you use a relay service such as video relay service (VRS) or captioned telephone service, give FEMA your number for that service.
  • Apply in person at a Disaster Recovery Center.

When you apply, FEMA will ask you to provide the following:

  • A description of the damage
  • Your address at the time of the disaster
  • Your Social Security number
  • Contact information
  • If you have insurance, your policy number, agent, or company
  • Annual household income
  • Your bank account information for direct deposit

If you have insurance, you should file a claim immediately. FEMA can’t pay for losses your insurance will cover.

To watch an accessible video about how to apply, visit FEMA Accessible: Registering for Individual Assistance – YouTube.

If you need help with any step of the application process, call the FEMA Helpline at 800-621-3362 or visit a Disaster Recovery Center.

For the latest information, visit Follow the FEMA Region 6 Twitter account at or Facebook at

FEMA’s mission is to help people before, during, and after disasters.

FEMA Civil Rights Office works to ensure assistance is distributed equitably, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, English proficiency, or economic status. Any disaster survivor or public member may contact the Civil Rights Office if they feel they are the victim of discrimination. You can contact FEMA’s Civil Rights Office toll-free at 833-285-7448. Multilingual operators are available by pressing #2 for Spanish.