TripAdvisor has announced how mom really wants to dine on Mother’s Day. A survey of over 7,900 U.S. participants revealed telling results: Her idea of a great Mother’s Day dining experience may not be what you think:
- 70% of family members believe they anticipate their mom’s Mother’s Day dining preferences “extremely” or “very” well, while only 46% of moms agree.
- Moms’ top dining choice for celebrating Mother’s Day is going out to brunch (30%), yet only 16% report being taken out to brunch by their families last year.
- Her other top dining choices: a home-cooked meal (24%) and going out to dinner (17%).
- Moms aren’t picky: Their favorite restaurant style for Mother’s Day is everyday dining (restaurants that provide great meals for any occasion) over fine dining.
- What do families get right? They know mom enjoys spending the day with her children (48%), partner (25%) and extended family (19%) over being alone (less than 1%).
TripAdvisor also uncovered the cities with the most mom-friendly restaurants, based on TripAdvisor review data. Orlando, Savannah, and Charleston take the cake for the restaurants with the most reviews mentioning dining with “mom” or “mother.”