AUSTIN – Zachary Aaron Jenkins, 31, a Texas 10 Most Wanted Sex Offender, is now in custody after being captured on December 14 in Springfield, Mo. Jenkins was wanted for failure to register as a sex offender, probation violation, forgery and fraud. The arrest was not the result of tip information received through Texas Crime Stoppers, and no reward will be paid.
Working off investigative information received from Texas Department of Public Safety Special Agents, officers from the Springfield Police Department Special Response Team surrounded a residence where Jenkins was located. He eventually surrendered to police and was taken into custody. The U.S. Marshals Service assisted in the investigation.
In July 2015, Jenkins was convicted of indecency with a child-sexual contact involving a 9-year-old girl in Tarrant County, which was also his last known address. He subsequently was sentenced to 10 years of probation but absconded within a few weeks. For more information about his arrest, see his captured bulletin at: www.dps.texas.gov/Texas10MostWanted/SexOffenderDetails.aspx?id=343.
So far in 2016, DPS and other agencies have arrested 21 Texas 10 Most Wanted Fugitives and Sex Offenders, including 12 sex offenders and eight gang members, and $42,500 in rewards have been paid for tips that resulted in arrests.
To be eligible for the cash rewards, tipsters must provide information to authorities using one of the five following methods:
- Call the Crime Stoppers hotline at 1-800-252-TIPS (8477).
- Text the letters “DPS” – followed by your tip – to 274637 (CRIMES) from your cell phone.
- Submit a web tip through the DPS website by selecting the fugitive you have information about, and then clicking on the link under their picture.
- Submit a Facebook tip at http://www.facebook.com/texas10mostwanted by clicking the “SUBMIT A TIP” link (under the “About” section).
- Submit a tip through the DPS Mobile App. The app is currently available for iPhone users on the Apple App Store: (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/texas-dps/id902092368?mt=8) and for Android users on Google Play: (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microassist.texasdps&hl=en).