" /> NE Texas Man Arrested After Man Dies After ” Drunken Wrestling” – EastTexasRadio.com
Access Financial Group
Sandlin – Find New Roads – It’s All About You Aug 2017
Titus Regional Header Oct 2020
cypress basin hospice
Dane McLamore Header
Morrell banner
Hess Lawn Mower Header
Momentum Ranger Head Oct 2020

NE Texas Man Arrested After Man Dies After ” Drunken Wrestling”



Lee Evan Sharp Bowie County S.O Courtesy KLTV
Lee Evan Sharp
Bowie County S.O
Courtesy KLTV

A Northeast Texas man has been arrested in connection with another man’s death. Lee Evan Sharp was charged with aggravated assault in the death of William pate, who was found dead at a residence in Maud. Investigators say witnesses told them Pate died following an alleged drunken wrestling session. Bowie County deputies are investigating.

The Bowie County Sheriff’s Office released the following statement:

“On May 8, 2016 around 2:40 a.m., Sergeant Curtis Cole and Deputy Damon Lynn were dispatched to the 7500 block of Farm to Market 2149 in Maud, Texas for a subject that was not breathing.

When they arrived members of the Maud Volunteer Fire Department were attempting to resuscitate a white male lying in the driveway. Life Net personnel arrived shortly after and took over the attempt to revive this individual. All of the efforts to save this person were unsuccessful.

Robert Autrey who is the owner of this home identified the male in his driveway as William Pate. Mr. Autrey informed Sergeant Cole that he, Mr. Pate and Lee Sharp had all been visiting and consuming alcoholic beverages. After some time, Mr. Pate and Mr. Sharp began wrestling around in a playful manner that Mr. Autrey described as “drunk wrestling.”

Mr. Autrey said he went in his house for a moment and when he stepped back outside he thought he saw Pate falling to the ground. He also thought he saw Mr. Sharp with a board in his hands that he tossed into the yard. Assuming that Mr. Pate had passed out due to his level of intoxication, Mr. Autreyand Mr. Sharp moved him into the garage.

There, they covered him up to let him “sleep it off.” Mr. Autrey then took Mr. Sharp home. After dropping Sharp off, Mr. Autrey returned home. This is when he found that Mr. Pate was not breathing and called 911. Lieutenant Alton White and Judge Susie Spelling were contacted and responded to the scene. Lieutenant White observed that Mr. Pate had a mark on his face that was consistent with him being struck by a board.

Judge Spelling ordered that Mr. Pate be sent off for an autopsy. The results of this autopsy are still pending.

Lieutenant White prepared a probable cause affidavit which he presented to Judge Nancy Talley to obtain a warrant for Mr. Sharp’s arrest. Judge Talley determined probable cause and issued the warrant. Mr. Sharp voluntarily came to the Bi-State Building be arrested for this warrant. Lieutenant White arrested Mr. Sharp for this warrant and booked him into the Bi-State Jail for Aggravated Assault.

Judge Talley set Mr. Sharp’s bond at $100,000.00. This is an ongoing investigation and the charges against Mr. Sharp could be upgraded pending the outcome of the final autopsy report.”