Our Turn to Ranch Online School
Some are inquiring about the 2020 Generation Next: Our Turn to Ranch Online School, so registration is open! If you are a producer/landowner, hee is the opportunity!
It is a 12-week online school that covers a new topic each week related to starting a new agricultural business or re-thinking an existing business. It’s perfect for original landowners or those who are inheriting land (or would like to add a small business on to the current family ranch/farm). Topics include setting up an ag business, ranch insurance needs, ag business tax implications, understanding your land resources, developing grazing or hunting leases, basic ranch-related laws, tracking your finances, transition planning, land management techniques, and more! Specialists teach the lessons within and outside of Extension. Why is a Range Specialist leading this course? I love my job, and who is going to responsibly keep managing rangelands if they can’t make a profit doing so?
It takes about 1.5 hours to complete the weekly assignment, which you can do at any time during the week. The teaching portion is followed by a small activity, which builds throughout to create a basic business plan by the end of the course.
Here’s the run-down:
• The course is semi instructor-led (me) and will run August 17 – November 8
• You will need a computer or laptop with internet access
• An activity will follow the topic material each week. These activities will all combine to create your business plan by the end of the course.
• The cost is $250 for the entire, 12-week course
Register (seats limited!) at https://agriliferegister.tamu.edu/productListingDetails/3116
Questions? Contact: Megan.Clayton@ag.tamu.edu
I had a good group of agents who took the course last year. Any Extension employee may sign up with the discounted rate ($150) through the same link, and limited seats don’t apply. It is open to as many of you who would like to sign up.
Megan K. Clayton, Ph.D.
Associate Professor and Extension Range Specialist
Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service
Department of Ecosystem Science and Management
10345 Highway 44
Corpus Christi, TX 78406-1412
Office: (361) 265-9203
Fax: (361) 265-9434
There are two more Vector CEU classes scheduled online for May.
- May 6, 2020 – from 7:30 am to 12:30 pm, 5 hours of AG CEUs, 3 hours of SPCS CEUs, 5 hours of Animal Control CEUs, 5 hours of Registered Sanitarian CEUs, and 5 hours of Code Enforcement CEUs.
- May 14, 2020 – from 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm, 5 hours of AG CEUs, 3 hours of SPCS CEUs, 5 hours of Animal Control CEUs, 5 hours of Registered Sanitarian CEUs and 5 hours of Code Enforcement CEUs
ALL must pre-register before receiving a link to the class. Registration is available at https://livestockvetento.tamu.edu/workshop-registration/online-class-registration/ and limited to 100 people per class.