Paris Junior College is holding virtual auditions for the continuing virtual season that continues in the Spring semester with back-to-back Pyro Playfests. Celebrating original works that have yet to be performed on stage, the performances will be done on Zoom due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
“Pyro Playfest: Shipwreck’d” is the sixth annual festival of 10 to 20-minute one-act plays. Originally planned for in-person performances last spring, the virtual productions will be held at 7:30 p.m. on Feb. 25-27 and at 2:30 p.m. on Feb. 28.
Auditions will consist of readings from the scripts and will be held on Zoom Feb. 4 and 5 at 7:30 p.m. Those interested in auditioning can email firstname.lastname@example.org and follow the PJC Drama event page on Facebook for more information (https://www.facebook.com/ParisJCDrama).
Roles are available for ages 14 and older; PJC students, faculty, staff, and alumni; community members; and anyone able to join rehearsals by Zoom. All are welcome and encouraged to audition. Auditioners may choose to be considered for casting in one or multiple plays.
The slate of plays for “Shipwreck’d” includes:
- “Siren,” by Austen Naron, directed by William Walker
- “The Wreck,” by Ella Doss, directed by Juliana Stalter
- “The Sandstorm,” by Dwayne Yancey, directed by Lisa Martin
- “Last Ride,” by Dr. Kenneth Haley, directed by Robyn R. Huizinga
- “One Lost Coconut,” by Drew Austria, directed by Frederic Doss
- “Siren’s Last Call,” by Matthew Weaver, directed by Brandon McCormick