As you are likely aware, DSHS asked vaccine providers in Texas to pause all administration of the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine following yesterday’s recommendation from the CDC and FDA. Six cases of a rare blood clot condition in individuals who received the Johnson & Johnson vaccine prompted the administration’s pause to review data.
A few key messages:
• Reports of blood clots are scarce.
• The blood clots seem to occur one to two weeks after vaccination.
• People experiencing severe headache, abdominal pain, leg pain, or shortness of breath should seek medical care.
• The pause will allow time for healthcare providers to diagnose and treat patients and report cases related to the vaccine. It will also give the CDC time to review the data on the cases reported.
• People currently scheduled to get vaccinated with Pfizer and Moderna vaccines should keep their appointments and move forward with vaccination.
For more information click the link below…