THE CITY OF SULPHUR SPRINGS, TEXAS REGULAR MEETING OF THE CITY COUNCIL JANUARY 7, 2020
The regular meeting of the Sulphur Springs City Council will be held at 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, January 7, 2020, in the Council Room at 201 North Davis Street. The following items will be discussed:
- Call to order.
- Pledge of Allegiance to the United States Flag, Texas Flag, and invocation.
- Presentations, proclamations, and announcements.
- Kevin Shepard, Housing and Infrastructure
- School Choice Week Proclamation
- Manager’s report will include a status report of capital improvements, wastewater treatment plant operations, accidents and claims for the month, and a review of expenditures and revenues.
- Discussion/action on Consent Agenda.
- Discussion/action on first reading of Ordinance No. 2762, an ordinance amending Chapter 15 of the Code of Ordinances by adding Article VII, entitled Curfew Hours for Minors.
- Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1187, a resolution directing publication of notice of intention is issue combination tax and revenue certificates of obligation.
- Discussion/action on Resolution 1188 amending authorized representatives of the City’s investment account with TexPool
- Discussion/action on approval of land lease agreements at the old Thermo Mine/Luminant property and authorizing the city manager to execute said documents.
- Discussion/action on board appointments to the Planning & Zoning
This item was previously tabled and we now have two resignations. Item
will need a motion to be moved from the table.
- Discussion/action regarding personnel-related specifically to matters affecting the office of the City Manager including performance review, employment terms, and other issues. The City Council may adjourn into executive session pursuant to Tex. Gov’t Code Ann. § 571.074 for deliberations regarding this agenda item.
- Visitors and public forums.
Consider for approval the regular City Council meeting minutes of December 3, 2018; the Special City Council Meeting of December 13, 2018; the Planning & Zoning meeting minutes of November 18, 2019; and the Zoning Board of Adjustments and Appeals meeting minutes of November 19, 2019.
The City of Sulphur Springs will provide assistance to the hearing impaired if notice is given to the City Secretary 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting date so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
The City Council of the City of Sulphur Springs, Texas meets regularly on the first Tuesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. in the Municipal Building. The Council follows a printed agenda for official action, however, following the conclusion of the agenda, anyone may address the Council but Council will not take official action. Any individual desiring official action should submit his request to the office of the City Secretary by 12:00 noon on Wednesday before the next regularly scheduled meeting.
The City Council reserves the right to adjourn into executive session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters listed above, as authorized by Texas Government Code, Section 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney), 551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), 551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts and Donations); 551.074 (Personnel Matters, must be stated specifically with regard to position) 551.076 (Deliberations about security devices) and 551.087 (Economic Development).