CITY OF SULPHUR SPRINGS, TEXAS
REGULAR MEETING OF THE
FEBRUARY 2, 2021
The Sulphur Springs City Council’s regular meeting will be at 7:00 pm on Tuesday, February 2, 2021.
Public link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8CxjG8pt3Cn8DDMgg0xr8g
The following items discussed:
1. Call to order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States Flag, Texas Flag, and invocation.
3. Presentations, proclamations, and announcements.
(a) Black History Month Proclamation
(b) CIP Presentation – Tory Niewiadomski
4. Manager’s report will include a status report of capital improvements,
wastewater treatment plant operations, accidents, and claims for the month, and a review of expenditures and revenues.
5. Discussion/action on a motion to approve the Consent Agenda.
6. Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1221 approving a 380 agreement for property located at 110 West Ross Street.
7. Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1222 approving a 380 agreement for property located at 212-214 East California Street.
8. Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1223 approving a 380 Agreement for property located at 220 Craig Street.
9. Discussion/action on a request for a Final Plat by BGE Inc. identified as Lot 7R of Block 24-4 Z of Jewell Subdivision located northwest of League and Bell’s two intersections Streets and abutting Rockdale Road containing 5.488 acres.
10. Discussion/action on bids and award of contract for a bank depository.
11. Discussion/action on the report of traffic stops and arrests.
12. Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1224 approving an application for a Homeland Security Grant.
13. Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1225 calling for a general election for City Council Places 1, 2, and 3, naming election judges, and setting dates for early voting. (La discusión/acción en la Resolucīon el numero 1225(S) pidiendo la elección coloca 1, 2 y 3, llamando a jueces de elección, y poniendo fechas para la votación temprana.)
14. Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1226 calling for a special election for City Council Place 5, naming election judges, and setting dates for early voting. (La discusión/acción en la Resolucīon el numero 1226(S) pidiendo la elección especial coloca 5, llamando a jueces de elección, y poniendo fechas para la votación temprana.)
15. Discussion/action on an amendment to the 2019-2023 Capital Improvements Plan for drainage at Beckham and Lamar Streets.
16. Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1227 approving a proposal by TBK Materials, LLC, converting solid waste concrete into recycled millings by crushing to be used in street and infrastructure development, making findings support and authorizing the execution of same by City Manager.
17. Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1228 extending the Temporary
Emergency Paid Sick Leave due to Covid-19 State of Texas Disaster Declaration.
18. An executive session held per Texas Government
Code, Title 5, Chapter 551, Section 551.074, Personnel Matters, specifically relating to discussions regarding the Zoning Board of Adjustments and Appeals, the City Secretary, the City Attorney, and the City Manager; and Section 551.087, Economic Development.
19. Reconvene into Open Session.
20. Discussion/action on Executive Session.
21. Visitors and public forum.
Consider for approval the regular City Council meeting minutes of January 5, 2021; the Special City Council meeting minutes of January 21, 2021; the Downtown Revitalization Board meeting minutes of December 1, 2020; the Planning & Zoning Commission meeting minutes of December 21, 2020; and the Economic Development Corporation meeting minutes of November 23, 2020.
The City of Sulphur Springs will assist the hearing impaired if you give notice to the City Secretary 48 hours before the scheduled meeting
date so that we can make appropriate arrangements.
The City Council of the City of Sulphur Springs, Texas, meets regularly on the first Tuesday of each month at 7:00 pm in the Municipal Building. The Council follows a printed agenda for official action. However, following the agenda’s conclusion, anyone may address the Council, but Council will not take official action. Any individual desiring official action should submit his request to the City Secretary’s office by noon on Wednesday before the next regularly scheduled meeting.
The City Council reserves the right to adjourn into executive session at any time during this meeting to discuss any of the matters listed above, as authorized by Texas Government Code, Section 551.071
(Consultation with Attorney), 551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), 551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts and Donations); 551.074 (Personnel Matters, must be explicitly stated about the position), 551.076 (Deliberations about security devices), and 551.087 (Economic Development).