The regular meeting of the Sulphur Springs City Council will be held at 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, July 7, 2020.
The following items will be discussed:
- Call to order.
- Pledge of Allegiance to the United States Flag, Texas Flag, and invocation.
- Presentations, proclamations, and announcements.
- Manager’s report will include a status report of capital improvements, wastewater treatment plant operations, accidents and claims for the month, and a review of expenditures and revenues.
- Discussion/action on a motion to approve the Consent Agenda.
- Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1197 establishing a Facility Reservation and Use Policy and designating certain facilities as facilities available for private use.
- Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1198 approving 2020 Texas Capital Fund Downtown Revitalization Program (TxCDBG) Administrative
- Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1199 authorizing the establishment of a small business assistance program in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Visitors and public forum.
Consider for approval the regular City Council meeting minutes of June 2, 2020; the Planning & Zoning Commission meeting minutes of May 18, 2020; the Zoning Board of Adjustments and Appeals meeting minutes of May 19, 2020; the Economic Development Corporation meeting minutes of May 26, 2020; and the Special Economic Development meeting minutes of June 2, 2020.
The City of Sulphur Springs will provide assistance to the hearing impaired if notice is given to the City Secretary 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting date so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
The City Council of the City of Sulphur Springs, Texas meets regularly on the first Tuesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. in the Municipal Building. The Council follows a printed agenda for official action, however, following the conclusion of the agenda, anyone may address the Council, but Council will not take official action. Any individual desiring official action should submit his request to the office of the City Secretary by 12:00 noon on the Wednesday before the next regularly scheduled meeting.
The City Council reserves the right to adjourn into executive session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters listed above, as authorized by Texas Government Code, Section 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney), 551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), 551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts and Donations); 551.074 (Personnel Matters, must be stated specifically with regard to position) 551.076 (Deliberations about security devices) and 551.087 (Economic Development).