Immediately prior to the regular meeting, the council will meet in a Budget Work Session.
The regular meeting of the Sulphur Springs City Council will be conducted at 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, August 3, 2021. The following will be discussed:
- Call to Order.
- Pledge of Allegiance to the United States Flag, Texas Flag, and Invocation.
- Presentations, proclamations, and announcements.
- National Health Center Week
- Manager’s report will include a status report of capital improvements, wastewater treatment plant operations, accidents and claims for the month, and a review of expenditures and revenues.
- Discussion/action on consent agenda.
- Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1248 approving a negotiated settlement between the Atmos Cities Steering Committee (“ACSC”) and Atmos Energy Corporation, Mid-Tex Division regarding the Company’s 2021 Rate Review Mechanism filing; declaring existing rates to be unreasonable; adopting tariffs that reflect rate adjustments consistent with the negotiated settlement; finding the rates to be set by the attached settlement tariffs to be just and reasonable and in the public interest; approving an attached exhibit establishing a benchmark for pensions and retiree medical benefits; approving an attached exhibit regarding amortization of regulatory liability; requiring the Company to reimburse ACSC’s reasonable ratemaking expenses; determining that this resolution was passed in accordance with the requirements of the Texas Open Meetings Act; adopting a savings clause; declaring an effective date; and requiring delivery of this resolution to the company and the ACSC’s legal counsel.
- Discussion/action on proposals and award of contract for reinsurance for the of Sulphur Springs Employee Health Insurance Program.
- Discussion/action on bids and award of contract for chemicals for the Water Treatment Plant and the Wastewater Treatment Plant.
- Discussion/action on bid for the Senior Citizens Center pre-engineered metal building.
- Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1249 authorizing the city manager or designee to act on behalf of the city in preparation and submission of an application for the Local Government Lighting Conversion to LED lights grant through the office of the Texas Comptroller for Fire Station No. 1, Fire Station No. 2, and the Utility Distribution office.
- Discussion/action on a plat request by Tate Price for property located on the north side of Woodside Lane just east of 1680 Woodside Lane and directly west of the commercial strip center consisting of 1.93 acres of land, into 7 duplex lots.
- Discussion/action on first reading of Ordinance No. 2782, a request to rezone property located at 125 Weaver Drive by owner Paulino Reyes from Heavy Industrial to Multi Family and identified as Lot 3R-3, Block 55, Town, consisting of approximately 1.89 acres.
- Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1250 approving a 380 Agreement for property located at 115/119 Nicholson Street.
- Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1251, approving a 380 Agreement for property located at 116 Middle Street.
- Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1252, approving a 380 Agreement for property located at 122 Randolph Street.
- Visitors and public forum.
Consider for approval the regular City Council meeting minutes of July 6, 2021; the Downtown Revitalization Board meeting minutes of June 8, 2021; the Planning and Zoning Commission meeting minutes of April 19, 2021; the Zoning Board of Adjustments meeting minutes of June 15, 2021; and the Economic Development Corporation meeting minutes of May 10, 2021.
The City of Sulphur Springs will provide assistance to the hearing impaired if notice is given to the City Secretary 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting date so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
The City Council of the City of Sulphur Springs, Texas meets regularly on the first Tuesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. in the Municipal Building. The Council follows a printed agenda for official action, however, following the conclusion of the agenda, anyone may address the Council, but Council will not take official action. Any individual desiring official action should submit his request to the office of the City Secretary by 12:00 noon on the Wednesday before the next regularly scheduled meeting.
The City Council reserves the right to adjourn into executive session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters listed above, as authorized by Texas Government Code, Section 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney), 551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), 551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts and Donations); 551.074 (Personnel Matters, must be stated specifically with regard to position) 551.076 (Deliberations about security devices) and 551.087 (Economic Development).