CITY OF SULPHUR SPRINGS, TEXAS
REGULAR MEETING OF THE
JULY 2, 2019
AN EXECUTIVE SESSION WILL BE CONDUCTED AT 6:30 P.M. IN
ACCORDANCE WITH TEXAS GOVERNMENT CODE, SECTION
551.071, CONSULTATION WITH ATTORNEY, REGARDING PENDING
OR CONTEMPLATED LITIGATION.
The regular meeting of the Sulphur Springs City Council will be held at 7:00 p.m.
on Tuesday, July 2, 2019, in the Council Room at 201 North Davis Street. The
following items will be discussed:
1. Reconvene into Open Session.
2. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States Flag, Texas Flag, and invocation.
3. Presentations, proclamations, and announcements.
4. Manager’s report will include a status report of capital improvements,
wastewater treatment plant operations, accidents and claims for the month, and
a review of expenditures, revenues, purchases, and abatement orders.
5. Discussion/action on Consent Agenda.
6. Discussion/action on public hearing for the second and final reading of Ordinance
No. 2746 amending Chapter 15 of the Sulphur Springs Municipal Code by
adding Article VII, Sections 15-301 – 15-308, to provide regulation of tire
7. Discussion/action on the first reading of Ordinance No. 2747, rezoning for
the annexation of property generally referred to as Pioneer Business Park and
adjacent properties located on the west side of CMH Road between business
67 (Main) and I-30 Frontage Road consisting of 103.05 acres, from Agriculture
to Heavy Industrial.
8. Discussion/action on the first reading of Ordinance No. 2748, rezoning for the annexation of property generally referred to as Heritage Business Park and
adjacent properties located east of Loop 301 on Heritage Parkway, north of the
railroad tracks, west of CR 3501 and south of CR 3502 consisting of 117.33
acres, from Agriculture to Heavy Industrial.
9. Discussion/action on first reading of Ordinance No. 2749 amending the fee
schedule for Community Development to comply with House Bill 852.
10. Discussion/action on the first reading of Ordinance No. 2750, amending Zoning
Ordinance No. 2050, Article 2. Definitions, Section 2.200, to clarify the
definition of Travel Centers and Truck Stop Centers.
11. Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1171, calling for a special election to be
held November 5, 2019, for the purpose of authorizing the Sulphur
Springs/Hopkins County Economic Development Corporation to use the sales
and use tax including any amount previously collected for specific categories
of the project that qualify under Section 4B of the Texas Development Corporation
Act, for the purposes of construction and maintenance of the Sulphur Springs
Parks Department facilities including the Sulphur Springs Parks Department
Pacific Park and the Sulphur Springs Parks Department Senior Citizens Center.
12. Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1172, authorizing the City Manager to
execute all documents related to a federal grant project represented by TxDOT
for airport improvements.
13. Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1173, authorizing the City Manager to
execute the master agreement with Enterprise Fleet Management to finance and
manage the replacement of the City’s fleet.
14. Discussion/action on bids and award of contract for Connally Street
excavation, stabilization, and concrete pavement.
15. Discussion/action on Executive Session item which may include Resolution
16. Visitors and public forum.