The regular meeting of the Sulphur Springs City Council will be at 7:00 pm on Tuesday, May 5, 2020.
The Council will discuss the following items:
- Call to order.
- Pledge of Allegiance to the United States Flag, Texas Flag, and invocation
- Presentations, proclamations, and announcements.
- (a) Motorcycle Safety Awareness Month
- Manager’s report will include a status report of capital improvements, wastewater treatment plant operations, accidents, and claims for the month, and a review of expenditures and revenues.
- Discussion/action on a motion to approve the Consent Agenda.
- Discussion/action on public hearing for a second and final reading of Ordinance No. 2766 amending and updating the Pretreatment Ordinance No. 2538.
- Discussion/action on a motion to approve the appointment of Oscar Aguilar to City Council Place 3
- Discussion/action on a motion to approve Resolution NO. 1192 finding that Oncor Electric Delivery Company LLC’s application for approval to amend its Distribution Cost Recovery Factor (DCRF) to increase distribution rates within the city should be denied; authorizing participation with Oncor Cities Steering Committee; authorizing the hiring of legal counsel and consulting services; finding that the city’s reasonable rate case expenses shall be reimbursed by the company; finding that meeting at which this resolution is passed is open to the public as required by law; requiring notice of this resolution to the company and legal counsel.
- Discussion/action on a motion to approve Resolution NO. 1193 supporting the proposed Trinity Oaks Apartments and approving an application submitted to the Federal Home Loan Bank, Dallas, for the Affordable Housing Program grant.
- Discussion/action on a motion to approve a final plat of Connally Corner Addition to create a 6-Lot subdivision at the corner of Connally and Easy Streets
- Visitors and public forum
- Discussion/action on a motion to adjourn into an Executive Session following Texas Government Code, Title 5, Chapter 551.074, Personnel Matters explicitly relating to the Parks & Recreation Director.
- Reconvene into open session.
- Discussion/action on Executive Session
Consider for approval the regular City Council meeting minutes of April 7, 2020; the Planning & Zoning Commission meeting minutes of March 16, 2020; the Zoning Board of Adjustments and Appeals meeting minutes of March 17, 2020; and the Economic Development Corporation meeting minutes of March 23, 2020.
The City of Sulphur Springs will assist the hearing impaired if notice is given to the City Secretary 48 hours before the scheduled meeting date so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
The City Council of the City of Sulphur Springs, Texas, meets regularly on the first Tuesday of each month at 7:00 pm in the Municipal Building. The Council follows a printed agenda for official action; however, following the conclusion of the agenda, anyone may address the Council, but the Council will not take official action. Any individual desiring official action should submit his request to the office of the City Secretary by noon on Wednesday before the next regularly scheduled meeting.
The City Council reserves the right to adjourn into executive session at any time during this meeting to discuss any of the matters listed above, as authorized by Texas Government Code, Section 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney), 551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), 551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts and Donations); 551.074 (Personnel Matters, must be explicitly stated about the position) 551.076 (Deliberations about security devices) and 551.087 (Economic Development).