The Sulphur Springs City Council will have its regular meeting at 7:00 pm on Tuesday, June 1, 2021.
An executive session will be at 6:30 pm per Texas Government Code, Title 5, Chapter 551, Section 551.087, Economic Development, Project Hold Fast, and Project Flourish.
01. Reconvene into open session.
02. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States Flag, Texas Flag, and Invocation.
03. Presentations, proclamations, and announcements.
04. Discussion/action on selection of Mayor.
05. Discussion/action on selection of Mayor Pro Tem.
06. Manager’s report will include a status report of capital improvements,
wastewater treatment plant operations, accidents, and claims for the month, and a review of expenditures and revenues.
07. Discussion/action on consent agenda.
08. Discussion/action on public hearing for the second and final reading of Ordinance No. 2780, a rezoning request by owners Larry and Linda Evans for property located at 1340 South Hillcrest from Single-Family to Heavy Commercial.
09. Discussion/action on public hearing for the second and final reading of Ordinance No. 2781, a rezoning request by owner Chuck Sickles for property located at 1079 and 1085 Rockdale Road from Single-Family to Heavy Commercial.
10. Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1242 approving an application for a Texas Department of Transportation 2021 Transportation Alternatives Set Aside (TA) Project grant.
11. Discussion/action on a proposal by Toole Design Group to provide design services for an area west of downtown. Its organizing feature is a linear open space with the town branch and lake/drainage retention basin being key features.
12. Discussion/action on appointments to the City’s boards and commissions:
Economic Development Corporation, Zoning Board of Adjustments, Airport Advisory Board, Sulphur River Municipal Water District, Library Board, Board of Tourism and Promotion, Construction Board of Adjustments and Appeals, Planning and Zoning Commission, Ark-Tex Council of Governments, Downtown Revitalization Board, and the Revolving Loan Fund Committee.
13. Discussion/action, if any, regarding Executive Session.
14. Visitors and public forum.