An Executive Session will be at 6:30 pm following Texas
Government Code, §551.071, Consultation with Attorney, Texas Government Code, Title 5, Chapter 551 – §551.072, Real Property, and §551.087, Economic Development: Project Superman.
The regular meeting of the Sulphur Springs City Council will be at 7:00 pm on Tuesday, February 1, 2022.
They will discuss the following items:
1. Reconvene into open session.
2. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States Flag, Texas Flag, and invocation.
3. Presentations, proclamations, and announcements.
a. Black History Month Proclamation.
b. Adam Henry – USDA
4. Manager’s report will include a status report of capital improvements, municipal operations, accidents, and claims for the month, and a review of expenditures and revenues.
5. Discussion/action on Consent Agenda.
6. Discussion/Action on the second and final reading of Ordinance 2795 (ZC#211201) on a request by John Heilman to rezone property located at 1381 W. Industrial identified as Lot 5, Block 215, Town: Sulphur Springs, consisting of approximately 0.97 acres from Heavy Commercial to Light Industrial.
7. Discussion/action on the second and final reading of Ordinance No. 2796 (SS22-02) establishing a reinvestment zone for D6, Inc.
8. Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1288 approving the submission of a grant application to the Office of the Governor – Homeland Security Division to purchase ten (10) portable radios to be used by the patrol division.
9. Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1289 approving the submission of a grant application to the Office of the Governor – Criminal Justice Division to purchase eight (8) portable radios for the patrol division.
10. Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1290 adopting the Hopkins County Mitigation Action Plan Five Year Update.
11. Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1293 calling for a general election for City Council Places 4, and 5, naming election judges, and setting dates for early voting.
(La discusión/acción en la Resolucīon el numero 1293(S) pidiendo la elección coloca 4 y 5, llamando a jueces de elección, y poniendo fechas para la votación temprana.)
12. Discussion/Action on Resolution No. 1294 authorizing continued
participation with the Atmos cities steering committee; and authorizing the payment of five cents per capita to the Atmos cities steering committee to fund regulatory and related activities related to Atmos energy corporation.
13. Discussion/action on Racial Profiling Report Submission to the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement.
14. Discussion/action on adoption of Tax Abatement Policy.
15. Discussion/action on bids and award of contract for excavation, stabilization, concrete pavement, and sidewalks for Phase 1 of College Street.
16. Discussion/action, if any, on Executive Session items.
17. Visitors and Public Forum.