REGULAR BOARD MEETING
SULPHUR SPRINGS INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT BOARD ROOM, ADMINISTRATION BUILDING
MONDAY, JANUARY 11, 2021
- CALL TO ORDER: Invocation & Pledges
- FIRST ORDER OF BUSINESS
- The President’s announcement whether a quorum is present, that the meeting is called and that the meeting’s notice had been posted in accordance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.
- Approval of the minutes of the regular meeting of the Board of Trustees conducted on Monday, December 14, 2020, beginning at noon in the Board Room of the SSISD Administration Building.
III. PUBLIC FORUM:
A public forum is limited to the designated open forum portion of a meeting per policy BED(LOCAL).
- ADMINISTRATIVE REPORTS/INFORMATION ITEMS
- Announcement of filing dates for the May 1, 2021 Board of Trustee election. Start date: Wednesday, January 13, 2021 End Date: Friday, February 12, 2021, B. Head Start items given to board members for information purposes only: Director’s Report for December
Policy Council Meeting Minutes for December
Financial Report for December
- CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
These items are considered routine by the board. They will be enacted under one motion unless a member of the board requests that an item be removed from the consent agenda and considered in its normal sequence on the agenda.
A. Consider approval of Tax Credits and Supplements for December 2020. (Exhibit V-A)
- Consider approval of Delinquent Tax Collections for December 2020. (Exhibit V-B)
- Consider approval of Financial Statements and Bills Payable for December 2020. (Exhibit V-C)
- ACTION ITEMS
- Discuss and consider approval of an application to the Texas Education Agency for Staff Development Waiver. [Michael Lamb]
- Discuss and consider approval of board 5-year outcome goals. [Michael Lamb] VII. EXECUTIVE SESSION:
Executive Session will be held for the purpose of consideration of matters for which closed, or executive sessions are authorized by Title 5, Chapter 551, Texas Government Code, Section (.072), (.074).
- Discuss and consider personnel to be employed, personnel to be reassigned, acknowledge and accept resignations of personnel, and other personnel items.
B. Discuss purchase, exchange, lease, or value of real property
VIII. RECONVENE FROM EXECUTIVE SESSION FOR ACTION RELATIVE TO ITEMS COVERED DURING EXECUTIVE SESSION.