AGENDA REGULAR BOARD MEETING
SULPHUR SPRINGS INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT BOARD ROOM, ADMINISTRATION BUILDING MONDAY, NOVEMBER 14, 2016
Pledge to American Flag-
Mary Cruz, 7th Grade, SSMS- daughter of Curtis & Kathy Wright
Tatum Williams, 7th Grade, SSMS – daughter of Jimmy & Mary Ann Williams
Pledge to Texas Flag-
Madysen Gilbert, 2nd Grade, Bowie – daughter of Edwin & Ashlei Thomas Seth Johns, 2nd Grade, Bowie – son of Shane & Lorri Johnson
- FIRST ORDER OF BUSINESS
- Announcement by the President whether a quorum is present, that the meeting had been duly called and that the notice of the meeting had been posted in accordance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.
- Approval of the minutes of the regular meeting of the Board of Trustees 7
conducted on Monday, October 17, 2016 beginning at 6:00 p.m. in the Board Room of the Administration Building.
- PUBLIC FORUM:
Public participation is limited to the designated open forum portion of a meeting per policy BED(LOCAL).
- Conduct public meeting regarding The Financial Accountability Rating for 2015-16. [Sherry McGraw]
- ADMINISTRATIVE REPORTS/INFORMATION ITEMS
- Report on Educational Performance of Bilingual/ESL Program for 2015-2016 10 school year. (Exhibit IV-A) [Ana Aguilar]
- Head Start items given under separate cover for school board’s information purposes only:
Director’s Report for October & Office of Head Start Monitoring Review Letter
- CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
These items are considered to be routine by the board and will be enacted under one motion, unless a member of the board requests that an item be removed from the consent agenda and considered in its normal sequence on the agenda.
- Consider approval of Tax Credits and Supplements for October 13
- Consider approval of Delinquent Tax Collections for October 2016. (Exhibit V- 16 B)
- Consider approval of Financial Statements and Bills Payable for October 2016. 17 (Exhibit V-C)
- ACTION ITEMS
- Discuss and consider appointment of an individual to serve in one of two Sulphur Springs ISD positions on the Hopkins County Civic Center Board of Directors, for the term beginning January 1, 2017 and ending December 31, 2019.
- Discuss and consider approval of 2016-2017 Campus and District Improvement Plans. (Exhibit sent under separate cover) [Josh Williams]
C. Discuss and consider approval of localized policy manual update for 49
FFA(LOCAL). (Exhibit VI-C) [Josh Williams]
D. Discuss and consider approval of funds for purchasing iPads. (Exhibit VI-D) 53 [Josh Williams]
E. Consider approval of annual agreement between Sulphur Springs Country Club 55 and Sulphur Springs ISD for the 2016-2017 school year. (Exhibit VI-E)
F. Discuss and consider approval of funds for purchase of district security 56
vehicle. (Exhibit IV-F) [Jim Bayuk]
- Discuss and consider approval of installment purchase agreement and subsequent first installment payment for purchase of former PJC
(Exhibit sent under separate cover) [Michael Lamb]
- EXECUTIVE SESSION:
Executive Session will be held for the purpose of consideration of matters for which closed or executive sessions are authorized by Title 5, Chapter 551, Texas Government Code, Section (.071), (.072), (.074).
- Discuss and consider personnel to be employed, personnel to be reassigned, acknowledge and accept resignations of personnel, other personnel
- Discuss purchase, exchange, lease, or value of real
- Private consultation with the Board’s attorneys to discuss status of settlement negotiations in the lawsuit styled Sulphur Springs I.S.D. v J.T. Turner, Cause No. CV-41693, 61st Judicial District Court, Hopkins County, Texas, and to present and possibly approve any pending settlement
- RECONVENE FROM EXECUTIVE SESSION FOR ACTION RELATIVE TO ITEMS COVERED DURING EXECUTIVE
- Consider and take possible action on responding to any pending settlement proposals in the lawsuit styled Sulphur Springs I.S.D. v. J.T. Turner, Cause No. CV-41693, 61st Judicial District Court, Hopkins County, Texas, and to authorize the Superintendent to finalize and execute the terms of a settlement agreement associated with any settlement that may be