- CALL TO ORDER: Invocation and Pledges to the Flags.
- FIRST ORDER OF BUSINESS
- An announcement by the President, whether a quorum is present, that they had duly called the meeting, and that they had posted notice of the meeting by the Texas Open Meetings Act, Texas Government Code, Chapter 551
III. PUBLIC FORUM
- Public participation is limited to the designated open forum for a meeting per board policy BED(LOCAL)
- Conduct a public meeting on the Sulphur Springs Independent School District’s 2023 proposed tax rate. (Education Code, Section 44.004)
- ACTION ITEMS
- Consider approval of budget amendments for the fiscal year ending August 31, 2023. (Budget amendments summary given at the meeting) [Sherry McGraw]
- Discuss and consider approval of the General Fund, Debt Service, and Food Service budgets for the Sulphur Springs Independent School District for the fiscal year ending August 31, 2024, and review all other budget areas. (Copy of budget presented at the meeting) [Sherry McGraw]
- Discuss and consider the adoption of a Resolution levying an annual ad valorem tax – for Interest and sinking and Maintenance and operations – for the Sulphur Springs Independent School District for the year 2023.[Sandra Gibby]
- EXECUTIVE SESSION: Executive Session will be for consideration of matters for which closed or executive sessions are authorized by Title 5, Chapter 551, Texas Government Code, Section (.072), (.074) A. Discuss and consider personnel to be employed, personnel to be reassigned, acknowledge and accept resignations of personnel, other personnel matters.
- Discuss the purchase, exchange, lease, or value of real property.
- RECONVENE FROM EXECUTIVE SESSION FOR ACTION RELATIVE TO ITEMS COVERED DURING EXECUTIVE SESSION.