The Sulphur Springs ISD Board of Trustees will meet on Monday, June 8, at 6:00 pm in the Administration Building on Connally Street.
- CALL TO ORDER: Invocation Pledges to the flags
- FIRST ORDER OF BUSINESS
- The announcement by the President whether a quorum is present, that the meeting had been duly called and that the notice of the meeting had been posted per the Texas Open Meetings Act, Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.
- Approval of the minutes of the Board of Trustees for the regular meeting conducted on Monday, May 11, 2020, beginning at 6:00 pm, held via Zoom and the special meeting conducted Thursday, May 28, 2020, beginning at 12:00 pm held in the Board Room of the Administration Building.
III. PUBLIC FORUM
- Recognize Rowena Johnson for 50 years of service to the District.
- Recognize outgoing Board President, Robbin Vaughn for two years of service in office.
- ADMINISTRATIVE REPORTS/INFORMATION ITEMS
- Report 45-day contract release date. [Rusty Harden] B. Report on Summer Activities. (Exhibit IV-B) [Kristin Monk]
- Academic UIL Reports (Exhibit IV-C) [Josh Williams, Jeffrey Denton, Gerald Grafton]
- Head Start Items for information purposes only that were provided to board members under separate cover: Head Start Director’s Report for May, Head Start Financial Report for May, Program Performance Summary Report, Supplement COVID-19 One-Time New or Revised Application.
- CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
- Consider the approval of Tax Credits and Supplements for May 2020. (Exhibit V-A)
- Consider the approval of Delinquent Tax Collections for May 2020. (Exhibit V-B)
- Consider the approval of Financial Statements and Bills Payable for May 2020. (Exhibit V-C)
- ACTION ITEMS
- Discuss and consider approval of innovative CTE courses. (Exhibit VI-A) [Jenny Arledge]
- Discuss and consider approval of bids for mobile and handheld radios. (Exhibit VI-B) [Rusty Harden]
- Discuss and consider approval of the purchase of iPads for grades Kindergarten – 3rd. (Exhibit VI-C) [Michael Lamb]
- Discuss and consider approval of Credit by Exam testing dates. (Exhibit VI-D) [Josh Williams]
- Discuss and consider approval of contracted services with the Region 08 ESC for the 2020-2021 school year. (Exhibit VI-E) [Josh Williams]
VII. BUDGET WORK SESSION VIII. EXECUTIVE SESSION:
- Discuss and consider professional personnel employment contracts for the 2020-2021 school year. NOTE: Summer contracts due to mid-term hire date.
- Discuss and consider personnel to be employed, personnel to be reassigned, acknowledge and accept resignations of personnel, other personnel matters.
- Discuss and consider the purchase, exchange, lease, or value of real property.
- RECONVENE FROM EXECUTIVE SESSION FOR ACTION RELATIVE TO ITEMS COVERED DURING EXECUTIVE SESSION.