A&M-Texarkana to Dedicate
Lois & Cary Patterson Student Center
TEXARKANA, Texas – Texas A&M University-Texarkana will hold a ribbon cutting and dedication ceremony for the new Lois & Cary Patterson Student Center at 11:00 a.m. on October 2. Texas A&M University System Chancellor John Sharp will be speaking during the grand-opening event and the public is invited to attend.
The nearly 40,000 square foot facility was built through a public-private partnership and will provide students with a much-needed space to meet, study, exercise, learn, and participate in intramural sports. The new $11 million dollar facility includes:
• a regulation-sized basketball/volleyball court with retractable bleacher seating for 1,200-1,500 patrons
• a training and fitness center
• biomechanics and motor skills labs to support the university’s new Kinesiology program
• a recreation room
• Ace’s Place café featuring Starbucks Coffee
• two multi-purpose classrooms
• locker rooms
• recreational sports locker rooms
• coaches’ quarters, athletic director’s office and 12 faculty/staff offices
Tours of the new facility will be available immediately following the ceremony. For more information on the Lois & Cary Patterson Student Center at, Texas A&M University-Texarkana contact Joe Sloan, the Student Engagement Coordinator at 903.334.6725 or firstname.lastname@example.org.