Tuesday is Election Day across Texas and voters will decide the fate of seven proposed constitutional amendments. Polls will be open from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm. The amendments to be decided are:
- Authorizes tax exemption for property of partially disabled veterans received donations
- Makes changes to home equity loan provision of constitution
- Provides for how long an appointed officer may serve after his or her term expires
- Requires a court to provide notice to the attorney general of a challenge to a statute
- Defines professional sports team in charitable raffles
- Authorizes property tax exemption for surviving spouses of first responders killed in line of duty
- Authorizes financial institutions to offer prizes to promote savings
Some area school districts will have board elections. Some taxing entities will decide bond issues.
In Lamar County – voters will decide the fate of taxpayer funding for the Paris Economic Development Corporation. A vote FOR proposition A means you are voting to reallocate the quarter-cent tax going to the PEDC. A vote AGAINST means you want the quarter-cent tax to continue funding the PEDC.