The Texas Water Development Board (TWDB) today approved financial assistance totaling $33,056,053 for water and wastewater system projects. Of this funding, $26,693,103 was approved for rural projects.
- $4,060,000 to the Harris County Municipal Utility District No. 148 (Harris County) for wastewater system improvements
- $500,000 to the Jefferson County Water Control and Improvement District No. 10 (Jefferson County) for a Hurricane Harvey disaster recovery project
- $9,683,103 to Wolfe City (Hunt County) for water and wastewater system improvement projects
- $14,685,000 to the City of Brady (McCulloch County) for wastewater system improvements
- $300,000 to the Ira Water Supply Corporation (Scurry County) for water system improvements
- $1,525,000 to the Fort Griffin Special Utility District (Shackleford, Throckmorton, Stephens, Callahan, and Eastland counties) for a water supply project
- $2,302,950 to the City of Roscoe (Nolan County) for water system improvements
The TWDB is the state agency charged with collecting and disseminating water-related data, assisting with regional planning, and preparing the state water plan for the development of the state’s water resources. The TWDB administers cost-effective financial assistance programs for the construction of water supply, wastewater treatment, flood control, and agricultural water conservation projects.