Watch for Intersection Changes at FM 69 and SH 11 in Como
PARIS – Texas Department of Transportation officials announced that work to create a four-way stop at FM 69 and State Highway 11 in Como, in Hopkins County, is July 6.
TxDOT will place stop signs necessary to convert this intersection to a four-way stop in all directions. In addition, we will place warning signs and message boards near this intersection soon. The work to install the stop signs at this intersection should begin on July 6, weather permitting.
Motorists who frequently travel in this area should pay special attention to all barricades, traffic controls, and signs and reduce their speed as they approach and travel through work zones. They should also be prepared to encounter rough pavement and brief traffic delays and avoid distractions such as cell phones, eating, drinking, or car audio or navigation systems.
For more information, contact Tim.McAlavy@txdot.gov or (903) 737-9213.
TxDOT Paris District
June 12 – June 18, 2022
Delta, Lamar, Red River Counties
Contacts: Paris Area Office (903) 784-1357; Delta Co. Maintenance (903) 395-2139; Lamar Co. Maintenance (903) 785-4468; Red River Co. Maintenance (903) 427-3561.
SH 37, Red River County: from US 82 to the Texas-Oklahoma state line, watch for temporary lane closures while crews resurface the roadway.
US 271, Red River County: from SH 37 to Titus County Line. Watch for temporary lane closures while crews resurface the roadway.
FM 906, Lamar County: from FM 2648 to CR 47400. Watch for temporary lane closures while crews rehabilitate the existing pavement and improve drainage structures.
FM 38, Lamar County: from US 82 to US 82. Watch for temporary lane and shoulder closures while crews improve drainage structures and upgrade bridge rail and metal-beam guard fence.
FM 195, Red River County: from the Lamar County line to SH 37, watch for temporary lane and shoulder closures while crews improve drainage structures and replace bridge rail.
FM 1487, Red River County: from FM 909 to FM 910. Watch for temporary lane closures while crews widen and rehabilitate the existing pavement and improve drainage structures.
Loop 286, Lamar County: from FM 1497 around the North Loop to FM 1507. Watch for temporary lane and shoulder closures while crews improve guardrail and drainage structures.
FM 64, Delta County: from FM 128 to SH 1532. Watch for temporary lane closures while crews rehabilitate the existing pavement and improve drainage structures.
FM 2675, Delta County: from Lamar County line to FM 128, watch for temporary lane closures while crews rehabilitate the existing pavement and improve drainage structures.
CR 3440, Delta County: at Jennings Creek. Watch for road closure while crews replace the existing bridge.
CR 15100, Lamar County: at a Branch of Cuthand Creek. Be aware that the road is closed while crews replace the existing bridge.
Hopkins, Franklin Counties
Contacts: Sulphur Springs Area Office (903) 885-9514; Franklin Co. Maintenance (903) 537-4976; Hopkins Co. Maintenance (903) 885-4031.
SH 37, Franklin County: from the elementary school to US 67, watch for lane closures and short traffic delays as crews install the sidewalk.
IH 30, Hopkins County: from Loop 301 to Franklin County Line. Watch for lane closures and traffic delays as crews begin surfacing operations.
FM 1536, Hopkins County: from SH 19 to FM 71. Watch for lane closures and short delays as crews upgrade cross drainage structures.
FM 3389, Hopkins County: from IH 30 to FM 1567. Watch for lane closures and short delays as crews perform surfacing operations.
JOE JONAS LASSOS LITTER AS THE NEW FACE OF DON’T MESS WITH TEXAS®
Jonas taps into his inner Texan to spice up the campaign’s new TV, radio, and digital PSAs.
ATLANTA – – They say everything is bigger in Texas. In the hilarious new PSAs for Don’t mess with Texas, singer, songwriter, and actor Joe Jonas finds lassoing litter may be his biggest challenge.
The show-stopping PSAs feature the former Westlake, Texas, resident taking an over-the-top approach to keeping Texas roadways free of litter and inspiring a whole office of people to join him in the effort.
As the newest celebrity to partner with Don’t mess with Texas, the second-born Jonas Brother will appear in TV and radio PSAs that will run on networks and digital platforms across the state beginning in June. The aim is to have the campaign resonate with Texans – young and old – and result in you properly disposing of litter in a trash can every time.
“Joe understands the pride that we have in our state and in keeping it clean for everyone to enjoy its beauty, now and in the future,” said Becky Ozuna, coordinator for the Don’t mess with Texas campaign. “We are thrilled to have Joe join us in bringing attention to our litter-free message through his comedic talent and timing.”
As the new face of Don’t mess with Texas, Jonas joins the likes of other Texas celebrities who have lent their support to the campaign. They include George Strait, Willie Nelson, Black Pumas, Eva Longoria, Erykah Badu, the Randy Rogers Band, Las Fenix, Grupo Fantasma, and Oscar winner and Minister of Culture/M.O.C. Matthew McConaughey.
Don’t mess with Texas has been educating Texans about litter prevention since 1986. The program includes a grassroots partnership with Keep Texas Beautiful, annual “Trash-Off” community outreach events, and the Adopt-a-Highway volunteer program.
TxDOT Atlanta District
June 12 – June 18, 2022
- I-30 – From FM 989 to AR State Line, reconstructing and widening highway, daytime work in the median. Motorists should watch for trucks and equipment pulling onto the interstate.
- I-30 – Westbound at Exit 207/Spur 594, ramp rehabilitation. Exit ramp closed. I-30 westbound lanes in this area restricted to one lane
- I-30 – Eastbound between US 259 and New Boston, drainage upgrades. Traffic is limited to one lane.
- SH 8 – At Sulphur River, replacing bridges
- SH 98 – At Anderson Creek, bridge replacement, with traffic restricted to one lane, with signal lights controlling traffic through the work zone.
- FM 2240/Moore’s Lane – From FM 559/Richmond Rd to FM 1397/Summerhill Rd, resurfacing road. Traffic is limited to one lane during nightly operations.
- SH 93/Summerhill Rd. – From US 67 to I-30, resurfacing the road. Lane closures during nightly operations.
- SL 255 – From FM 1520 to US 271, constructing a highway. County Road 2120 detoured.
- SH 8 – At Sulphur River, replacing bridges
- US 67 – Widening bridge at Jennings Slough. Signal lights controlling one-way traffic
- I-20 – At US 59 overpass, replacing the bridge. US 59 traffic shifted to southbound lanes.
- I-20 – Concrete pavement repairs. Various daytime lane closures. Expect delays
- I-20 – At Lansing Switch Road, constructing a new bridge over the interstate. Lansing Switch Road is closed to traffic. Possible lane closures on I-20
- SH 43 – At Kansas City Southern Railroad in Karnack, widening the bridge over the railroad. Signal lights controlling one-way traffic
- US 80 – From Loop 390 to Interstate 20, resurfacing highway. Daytime lane closures, expect delays.
- CR 2116 – At Haggerty Creek, replacing the bridge. Bridge closed to through traffic.
- US 59 – FM 1186 to Panola County line, installing safety barrier cable. Daily lane closures
- US 59 – From SH 49 to two miles north of SH 49, repairing and resurfacing highway, possible lane closures
- CR 3306 – At Mill Creek, replacing the bridge. Bridge closed to through traffic.
- SH 49 – From Titus County line to FM 144, repairing and resurfacing highway
- US 59 (Loop) – Rehabilitating highway from Business 59 North of Carthage to US 79 East. US 79 traffic shifted to NB lanes at US 59 Loop. US 59 Loop SB exit ramp & NB entrance ramp closed
- CR 224 – At Irons Bayou, replacing the bridge. Bridge closed to through traffic.
- US 59 – From Harrison County line to Loop 149, installing safety barrier cable. Daily lane closures
- SH 49 – From FM 1735 to Morris County line, repairing and resurfacing highway.
- SH 49 – From Business 271 to Mount Pleasant city limits, repairing and resurfacing the road. One-lane, two-way traffic
- US 271 – At Dickson Creek, Big Slough Creek, White Oak Creek & White Oak Creek Relief. Replacing bridges.
- US 271 – From 5.9 miles north of SH 155 to 1.5 miles north of SH 155, resurfacing highway. Traffic shifted to southbound lanes.