A Reddit thread started over the weekend asked: “What fact did you learn at an embarrassingly late age?” Some of the replies include:
- That pickles were made from cucumbers. Had no idea.
- I was 22 when I finally realized that HAZMAT is short for Hazardous Materials.
- Not me, but someone I know: for her entire life, she thought that pen ink came from squids. She was around 18 when she found out otherwise.
- My GF’s friend didn’t realize till she was in her LATE TWENTIES that new money isn’t printed inside the ATM when you withdraw money.
- That penguins are not human-sized. 26 yo
- When I was 23 I learned that Alaska is not down south next to Hawaii like on the maps
- I was convinced cheese grew on bushes till 12-13 years old. My brother is really proud of this.
- I thought lingerie was a fancy word for laundry for way longer than I care to admit. Explains why my mates gave me a weird look when I told them I had to fold my lingerie,