Wednesday, October 17, 2018
• CDC Parenting classes, 8:00 a.m.
• CDC Policy Council, 12:00 p.m.
• CDC Sewing class, 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
• Corprew Principal’s Pride Kinder & 1st grade @ 7:45 a.m.
• MPJH Picture Day
Thursday, October 18, 2018
• CDC Parenting Class @ MPHS, 11:45 a.m.
• Corprew Principal’s Pride 2nd & 3rd grade @ 7:45 a.m.
• MPJH StuCo meeting, MPJH library @ 7:30 a.m.
• MPHS 9th, 10th & 11th-grade pictures
• MPHS Junior Class Ring presentation, 9:00 a.m.
• MPHS Senior Cap & Gown presentation, 10:00 a.m.
• Wallace NEHS Induction ceremony, 6:00 p.m.
MPJH, 7th A&B/8th A&B vs. Marshall, 4:30 p.m.
MPHS JV Tigers vs. Hallsville, 5:30 p.m.
MPHS 9th Tigers @ Hallsville, 5:30 p.m.
The Historic Red River County Chamber of Commerce’s 97th Annual Banquet with the installation of 2018-2019 Chamber Board of Directors and Officers will be held Thursday (Oct 18) at 6:30 pm in the Clarksville High School Cafetorium.
Civic Awards for The Ernest Witmer Citizen of the Year, George F. Sunkel, Pioneer, and Organization will be presented. The 2018/2019 School Ambassadors will be announced and the Chamber volunteers will be recognized.
The Chamber Banquet is not just for Chamber Members, it is also a chance for citizens of the community to meet their local business representatives and Chamber Board members. We will have a meet and greet with business booths of Chamber members from 5:45 – 6:30 pm before the banquet. Some of our businesses will be sponsoring giveaways as well. They may also find ways to get involved, join the Chamber, and support local business.
This year we will be holding a Silent Auction the night of the banquet with items donated from various local businesses.
Tickets for the banquet are $10 each and may be purchased from any Chamber Director, or at the Chamber Office, 101 N. Locust. Alternatively, you may call the Chamber at 903.427.2645, Monday, Wednesday, or Friday, 9:00 am until 4:00 pm to reserve your ticket.
Friday, October 19, 2018
• CDC Parenting classes, 8:00 a.m.
• Corprew Principal’s Pride 4th grade @ 7:45 a.m.
• Sims Awards Assemblies, during Specials
• Corprew Principal’s Pride Awards, during lunches
Varsity Tigers @ Hallsville, 7:30 p.m.
MPHS, 9th, JV, Varsity Lady Tigers @ Sulphur Springs, 5:00 p.m.
Northeast Texas Community College will host its annual National Intercollegiate Rodeo Association (NIRA) rodeo Friday and Saturday (Oct 19-20) at Elite Western Arena. The college rodeo action will begin at 7:30 pm Friday night and at 2:00 pm Saturday afternoon. Elite Western Arena is located at 938 County Road 1655 in Mount Pleasant.
NTCC student-athletes will compete against rodeo teams from 15 other colleges and universities in the NIRA Southern Region.
“We hope everyone will come on out and support our team and enjoy rodeo entertainment at a great facility,” Skylar Hunnicutt, NTCC Rodeo Coach, said.
Tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for kids 12 and under. NTCC students get in free with a valid student ID. Follow NTCC’s standings this season at www.collegerodeo.com.
Lake Bob Sandlin State Park October Updates!
* Bob Sandlin State Park is excited to have their third Ranger to complete his wildland firefighter training on Friday (Oct 5). The park will have three well-trained Rangers who will assist natural resource management in the park and other local parks with seasonal prescribed burns. This may be an interesting topic for people to know about.
* Annual Pollinator BioBlitz is Saturday (Oct 20) at 1:00 pm until 4:00 pm. There will be games, children’s crafts, a class for Nature Photography, a Ranger-led hike with a focus on Native vs. Invasive plants, and a Native Plant Talk with emphasis on native landscaping.
* Night Hike is also on Saturday (Oct 20) at 9:30 pm. This will be similar to the hike you’ve been on in the past. It should be more pleasant since it won’t be as hot as it was in the summer.
* Boo Camp is on Saturday (Oct 27). We invite the community to come out to trick or treat in the campgrounds between the hours of 6:00 pm until 9:00 pm. We will close traffic in the campgrounds during this time to provide a safe environment. We will also have contests for best costume, best jack o’ lantern, and best-decorated campsite at 6:30 pm.
I will be happy to answer any questions you have regarding these activities. I hope you will be able to come out to enjoy October in our park!
Office Manager / Volunteer Coordinator
Lake Bob Sandlin State Park
341 State Park Rd 2117
Pittsburg, Texas 75686
Saturday, October 20, 2018
MPHS Swim @ Tyler, all day
• MPHS Dancing with the Dolls clinic, Tiger Doll Room, 9:00 a.m. – 12 noon
• MPHS UIL Meet, 8:00 a.m.
• Sims Fall Fiesta, 4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
• Brice Fall Festival, 5:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
There will be a Cornhole Tournament to benefit the Red River Valley Down Syndrome Society Saturday (Oct 20) at the Red River County Fairgrounds in Clarksville. The event is rain or shine. Entry fee is $50 per team of two. Double elimination. Registration is limited. Food, prizes and loads of fun! For more info call Deana Tharpe at 701-425-7129.