From City Manager Marc Maxwell
STREETS, WATER AND SEWER – The Rockdale Road reconstruction project is underway. Westbrook Concrete Contractors is forming and pouring the concrete street one segment at a time. Approximately 65% of the concrete is in place. Water utilities have been replaced. This project will finish Rockdale Road on the north side of Interstate 30.
Plano Street is underway. This $268,000 project is a complete reconstruction of Plano Street from Texas Street westward to the cul-de-sac. It includes new water main, new sewer main and a new street. The sewer main and water main have been replaced. The Capital Construction Division is now replacing a few sections of curb and gutter before the street can be cement-stabilized and repaved.
Bill Bradford Road is next. The sewer pipe is on order. The water pipe is on the agenda for approval later tonight. Work will begin at the end of the month. At an estimated cost of $1.4 million, this is a major project. It will include a new water main, a new sewer main, drainage improvements and a new asphalt street.
CLAIMS – We have three workers’ compensation claims in December, two for electrical shock and one for a strained knee. All three were treated and released to duty without lost time.
We did not have any liability claims in December.
POLICE DEPARTMENT REMODEL – The project is nearing completion. Painters are onsite now.
WASTEWATER TREATMENT PLANT – Total suspended solids (TSS) came in at 5.20 mg/L, well within the limit of 15 mg/L.
REVENUES AND EXPENDITURES – Finance Director, Peter Karstens will present a year-to-date summary of revenues and expenditures.
Elsewhere around the city, employees:
• Installed a new weather siren at the police department.
• Repaired the fountain at the airport.
• Installed a payment kiosk at the water office.
• Repaired crosswalk lights at the post office.
• Performed preventative maintenance and repairs at the wastewater treatment plant and water treatment plant.
• Checked out 3,382 items from the library.
• Sold 1.205 gallons of AvGas and 4,020 gallons of JetA fuel.
• Fixed broken equipment at Kids Kingdom.
• Started removing underbrush at Coleman Park.
• Responded to 125 fire/rescue calls including 2 structure fires.
• Performed preventative maintenance on 83 fire hydrants.
• Repaired 5 water main ruptures and replaced 12 water meters.
• Unstopped 40 sewer mains and repaired 8 sewer mains.
• Washed 68,000 feet of sewer mains.
• Flushed 36 dead-end water mains.
• Opened Lake Sulphur Springs flood gates twice.
• Responded to 57 accidents, made 57 arrests, recorded 66 accidents and wrote 441 traffic citations.