Head Start/Pre-K…The Sky’s the Limit!
Head Start & Pre-K Registration
Douglass Early Childhood Learning Center
600 Calvert Street
Sulphur Springs, Texas 75482
903.885.4516 (Phone); 903.439.1181 (Fax)
DOCUMENTS NEEDED IN ORDER TO REGISTER YOUR CHILD:
Parent ID/Driver’s License
Household Income — (2019 Tax Returns, 2019 W-2 Forms)
If the above documents are not available, a notarized letter from employer, including yearly
salary must be on official letterhead.
TANF, SSI, SSA, Child Support/Alimony, Military Documents (LES/FSSA)
Proof of Residency (Recent Electric/Water/Gas Bill) – You must reside in Sulphur Springs
Child’s Official Birth Certificate
Child’s Social Security Card
Child’s Up-to-date Immunization Record
Current Medicaid, Private Insurance or CHIP Card
Food Stamp Card
Foster Care 2085 Form
IEP – Individualized Education Plan
Dr.’s Notes Concerning Allergy/Health Needs
Custodial or Court Orders
Douglass ECLC will be accepting applications for the 2020-21 school year. If your child is three or four years of age on or Before September 1, 2020, you may complete the registration process to determine if your child will qualify for the program.
How to Register:
1. Provide required and applicable documents listed below.
2. Because of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic as it relates to social distancing, there is an amendment to the registration process. Please expect delays in the program’s response.
3. Once you have collected all of the documents listed below, please contact Rita Taylor, ERSEA Specialist, at DECLCdocs@ssisd.net. If you do not have an email address, please call the school at 903.885.4516 and leave your name and the best contact number. Parents/Guardians will receive a response to schedule an interview via telephone.
4. After the interview process, you can email or mail applications. You can drop off completed forms at Douglass, Mon – Fri, between 7:30 – 11:00 am.
5. Parents/Guardians will be notified via letter if their child has been accepted or put on a waitlist. If approved, the district’s Skyward, an online application must also be completed. Head Start provides the following services: Certified teachers/assistants, two nutritional meals and a snack per day, full-day educational services, outdoor playground facilities, limited transportation services, social services, parent involvement activities, speech/hearing/vision evaluations, health/dental screenings and accepts children with mild, moderate or severe disabilities as determined by individual needs.