The Paris Junior College Board of Regents, at its regular meeting this week, set an election for Nov. 6 for Places 5, 6, and 9 on the board. Those positions are held respectively by Ginna Bowman, Curtis Fendley, and Mark Buster.
The Regents also approved contracting with the County Elections Administrator to conduct the election for the regents.
In other business, the Regents:
- Received the financial report showing PJC remains in a strong financial position, with revenues and expenses in line with budgeted amounts.
- Learned that summer enrollment is up in headcount by 10.8 percent (179 students) and 6.67 percent in contact hour generation over last year. Compared to 2016, headcount is up by 7.68 percent and contact hour generation is down 3.3 percent.
- Received a report on fall and spring retention by course and faculty member. In the fall 2017 semester, college retention was 93.6 percent and 94.78 percent in the spring 2018 semester.
- Updated on the annual licensure report filed with the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board.
- Authorized PJC President Dr. Pam Anglin to get prices for new energy efficient windows on the east side of the Student Center (facing Collegiate Dr.). Aramark is updating the kitchen and cafeteria over the next five years, and the window replacement is planned to be done in conjunction with those upgrades.
- Approved the 2018-2019 Dual Credit Agreement for area high schools.
- Approved the employment of Haley Barnett as Talent Search Advisor, effective July 2.