- CALL TO ORDER: Invocation and Pledges to the flags.
- FIRST ORDER OF BUSINESS
- An announcement by the President, whether a quorum is present, that he duly called the meeting and they had posted a notice of the meeting following the Texas Open Meetings Act, Texas Government Code, Chapter 551
- Approval of the minutes of the special meeting of the Board of Trustees on Monday, January 23, 2023, beginning at 5:30 p.m., held in the Board Room of the Administration Building
III. PUBLIC FORUM
- Public participation is limited to the designated open forum for a meeting per board policy BED(LOCAL)
- Conduct a public hearing on the 2021-2022 Texas Academic Performance Report. Texas Education Code Chapter 39 requires each district’s board of trustees to publish an annual report that includes the Texas Academic Performance Report, PEIMS Financial Standard Reports, District Accreditation, campus performance objectives, a report of violent or criminal incidents, and information received under the Texas Education Code 51.403(e) from the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board. This information will be published on the school website and posted at public locations in the community. Jason Evans is present to report for the hearing. [Jason Evans]
- ADMINISTRATIVE REPORTS/INFORMATION ITEMS
- CTE Student Organization Presentations.
- Required racial profiling report. [Glynda Chester]
- Head Start items were given to board members for information purposes only: Director’s Report for January.
Financial Reports for January
Policy Council Minutes for January
- Maintenance report and updates [Dan Froneberger]
- Elementary and Secondary campus reports and updates. [Jeremy Lopez & Justin Cowart]
- Superintendent report and update [Michael Lamb]
- CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
- Consider approval of Tax Credits and Supplements for January.
- Consider approval of Delinquent Tax Collections for January.
- Consider approval of Financial Statements and Bills Payable for January.
- ACTION ITEMS
- Consider an order calling a school board trustee election. [Sandra Gibby] B. Discuss and consider approval of Policy Update 120. [Justin Cowart]
- Consider approval of Resolution 2-23 re: Wage Payments During Emergency School Closings – Inclement Weather. [Justin Cowart]
- Discuss and consider Body-Worn Camera Grant Program, FY2024 [Pat Leber]
- Consider approval of the annual agreement between Sulphur Springs Country Club and Sulphur Springs ISD for the 2022-2023 school year. [Michael Lamb]
- Discuss and consider sending out for bid the purchase of a district vehicle (approximately $65,000). [Michael Lamb]
- Discuss and consider approval of the purchase of three (3) buses (approximately $317,334.00). [Michael Lamb]
VII. EXECUTIVE SESSION: Executive Session will be for consideration of matters for which closed, or executive sessions are authorized by Title 5, Chapter 551, Texas Government Code, Section (.072), (.074) A. Discuss and consider personnel to be employed, or resigned, acknowledge and accept resignations of personnel, and other personnel matters. B. Discuss real property purchase, exchange, lease, or value.
VIII. RECONVENE FROM EXECUTIVE SESSION FOR ACTION RELATIVE TO ITEMS COVERED DURING THE EXECUTIVE SESSION.