" /> Questions On Mt Pleasant Building Permit Or Contractor?  Contact The City! – EastTexasRadio.com
Titus Regional Orthopedic Sports Medicine Header
Morrell banner
cypress basin hospice
Mid America Pet Food Header
Hess Lawn Mower Header
Sandlin – Find New Roads – It’s All About You Aug 2017
Momentum Polaris Get Outside Now

Questions On Mt Pleasant Building Permit Or Contractor?  Contact The City!

The City of Mount pleasant Building and Development Department dedicates itself to ensuring that all structures within the City conform to adopted building codes and standards by issuing building permits and certificates of occupancy.

“Contractors working within Mount Pleasant are also required to register with the City,” explained John Ankrum, the City’s Building Official. “These measures are taken to ensure quality residential and commercial construction that meets the guidelines for the health, safety, and welfare of the public.”

“If citizens have questions about permits and fees that contractors are coordinating on their behalf, we encourage them to contact our department directly,” he said. “To verify the type of permit and its cost, we can confirm that their contractor is registered to do business within our City.”

The Building and Development Department requires and issues permits for:

* Air conditioning




*Sign installations

*Sprinkler systems

*Swimming pools


*Accessory Buildings



The department also conducts inspections throughout the various stages of remodeling and construction projects.

You can find more information under the Building and Development Department page at www.mpcity.net, including a contractor registration form, permit application, and new residential and commercial submittal requirements. You can contact the department at jankrum@mpcity.org or 903-575-4102.