CITY OF SULPHUR SPRINGS, TEXAS
REGULAR MEETINGS OF THE
May 2, 2023
An Executive Session will be at 6:30 pm per Texas Government Code, Title 5, Chapter 551 – §551.071, Consultation with Attorney, and §551.087, Discussions regarding Economic Development Corporation (EDC) negotiations and business prospect(s).
The regular meeting of the Sulphur Springs City Council will be at 7:00 pm on Tuesday, May 2, 2023. The Council will discuss the following items:
- Pledge of Allegiance to the United States, Texas Flag, and Invocation.
- Presentations, proclamations, and announcements.
- The manager’s report will include a status report of capital improvements, municipal operations, accidents, and claims for the month and a review of expenditures and revenues.
- Discussion/action on consent agenda
- Discussion/action on public hearing and second and final reading of Ordinance No. 2829 rezoning Assurance Business Park from Light Commercial to Heavy Industrial
- Discussion/action on the first reading of Ordinance No. 2830 for the Texas Enterprise Zone Application
- Discussion/Action on the first reading of Ordinance No. 2831 ZC# 230401 on a rezoning request by the Sulphur Springs-Hopkins County Economic Development Corporation for Lot 2 of the Pinnacle Business Park located at the northeast corner of E. Shannon Road and Radio Road, also known as CR 2307 from Heavy Commercial to Light Industrial
- Discussion/Action on first reading of Ordinance No. 2832 ZC# 230402 on a rezoning request by Collyn Seth McDaniel for a portion of property 928 College & 934 College Street that abuts Putman Street containing approximately 1.74 acres of what is the remainder of the McDaniel Addition
- Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1350 changing the city council’s regular meeting in July from the first Tuesday so that it does not conflict with a national holiday.
- Discussion/action on Special Use Permit Process
- Discussion/action on an executive item, if any.
- Visitors and Public Forum.
I hereby certify that the above notice of the meeting was posted on the bulletin board of City Hall, City of Sulphur Springs, Texas, a place readily accessible to the general public at all times, on April 27, 2023, by 5:00 pm, and remained posted for at least 72 continuous hours preceding the scheduled time of the said meeting.
Natalie Darrow, City Secretary
Consider for approval the City Council regular meeting minutes of April 4, 2023; Economic Development meeting minutes of March 27, 2023; Zoning Board of Adjustment Meeting Minutes of February 21, 2023; Planning and Zoning meeting minutes of March 20, 2023; and a 380 agreement for 730 Calvert Street.
The City of Sulphur Springs will assist people who are hard of hearing if notice is given to the City Secretary 48 hours before the scheduled meeting date so the Council can make appropriate arrangements.
The City Council of the City of Sulphur Springs meets regularly on the first Tuesday of each month at 7:00 pm in the Municipal Building. The Council follows a printed agenda for official action. However, following the conclusion of the agenda, anyone may address the Council, but Council will not take official action. Any individual desiring official action should submit their request to the office of the City Secretary by noon on the Wednesday before the next regularly scheduled meeting.
The City Council reserves the right to adjourn into executive session at any time during this meeting to discuss any of the matters listed above, as authorized by Texas Government Code, §551.071 (Consultation with Attorney), §551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), §551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts and Donations); §551.074 (Personnel Matters, must be explicitly stated concerning position) §551.076 (Deliberations about security devices) and §551.087 (Economic Development).